crosstool-0.28-rc4 + ppc970 + kernel 2.6.5

Rafael Ávila de Espíndola rafael.espindola@ic.unicamp.br
Wed Apr 14 17:54:00 GMT 2004

On Wednesday 14 April 2004 13:22, Dan Kegel wrote:
> > 1) add a "ln -s libgcc.a libgcc_s.a" (cvs libc thinks it needs it)
> > +cd ${PREFIX}/lib/gcc/$TARGET/3.4.0/
> > +ln -s libgcc.a libgcc_eh.a
> > +ln -s libgcc.a libgcc_s.a
>
> That makes me nervous.  I suspect gcc is not being compiled properly,
> and that we need to figure out how to get gcc to really build
> libgcc_{eh,s}.a!
according to http://www.linuxppc64.org/toolchain.shtml:
As of 2003-08-11, glibc requires libgcc_eh.a, but this is only built with a
shared libgcc. You will need to create a symlink to get around this:
> > 2) use "--enable-kernel=2.6.5". This is necessary to compile with the
> > headers from kernel 2.6.5
> >
> > What do you thing about using a variable MIN_KERNEL as the parameter to
> > --enable-kernel? I.e use --enable-kernel=$MIN_KERNEL.
>
> Something like that's probably good.
>
> By the way, what was it that made you not want to enable all the
> addons for glibc?  I guess it was the nptl vs. linuxthreads
> choice?
It was an error while configuring glibc:
configure: error: compiler support for __thread is required
> - Dan
Rafael