Configure error for powerpc-eabispe

Daniel Kegel dank@kegel.com
Fri Apr 9 17:09:00 GMT 2004

Sébastien Douheret wrote:
> 	Hi,
> I try to generate a crossgcc for Motorola PowerPC 8540 (core e500).
> To do that, i use Dan's script with following options :
>
> in file powerpc85xx.dat :
> TARGET=powerpc-unknown-eabispe
> checking host system type... powerpc-unknown-eabispe
> checking sysdep dirs... configure: error: Operating system eabispe is not
> supported.
>
> Does it mean that powerpc-unknown-eabispe target is incorrect ?
> I have same error with powerpc-eabispe target.
> Which type of target must be set for PowerPC 85xx's processor ?

Aha.  I suspect that glibc doesn't support that target.
Are you sure you're running Linux on that target, and
that the linux on your powerpc 8540 is running glibc?
More likely, your target is bare metal with no operating
system, in which case you need newlib rather than glibc,
and crosstool might not be for you.
(There are some scripts in contrib/newlib* to build such
a toolchain, but you might also prefer to look elsewhere.)
- Dan