Using crosstool-0.27

Dan Kegel dank@kegel.com
Sat Apr 3 03:30:00 GMT 2004

Tim Connors wrote:

>>I've never had a target that came with rcp or rsh, either, so I always
>>build 'em myself.
>>doc/chroot-login-howto.html does documents how to set up rsh,
>
> For some reason I found that document confusing too.  I think I had
> trouble figuring out the context for each of the sections.

OK, I'll see if I can clean it up.

> Also, I
> don't have inetd nor xinetd on REMOTE.  So in addition to cross
> building the r-utilities, I'd have to start the daemons manually etc.
> I do have sshd, can ssh/scp be used instead?

yes but it's way slow since a new connection is started for each test (I think)
and ssh startup is quite slow.  There are literally tens of thousands of
tests, so this really could be an issue.

> I thought doc/chroot-login-howto.html merely explained how (parts of)
> crosstest.sh worked.  I didn't realize it had prerequisite steps.  I
> thought I could go from "all.sh --notest" straight to "all.sh
> --nounpack --nobuild."

OK, I'll clear that up.

>>Are you actually trying the regression tests?  Cool!
>

> Well I tried ..., but since I had to revert to manual testing, I've
> only tried simple things like hello_world.java using shared libraries.

Hopefully 0.28 will have better doc, thanks for your comments!
- Dan

--
My technical stuff: http://kegel.com