JTAG Pod?

Toralf Lund toralf@procaptura.com
Thu Sep 25 19:21:00 GMT 2003

On 2003.09.25 17:42, Michael K. Elwood wrote:
> Excerpted from Bill Gatliff's comments:
>> Oh, and the BDI2000 doesn't care what my host workstation is, as
>> long as it's running plain vanilla gdb.  No modules, no proxy
>> libraries, no futzing around at all.
>
> Well, not completely true. Your workstation must be running a TFTP
> server so the BDI2000 can read its configuration file when it boots.
> The s/w distribution came with a server for NT. I was running on
> Linux and it took a little "futzing around" to get the Linux
> distribution server installed and running properly.
Not a problem, as I said elsewhere. In fact, I prefer using TFTP to
lots of messing around with config tools, or running special software
to interface to the unit in normal operation.

> Our target is an ARM7. I've got an EPI Jeeni, and have used a
> borrowed BDI2000 on a very limited basis. My impressions: The BDI is
> more of a pain to set up, but seems more flexible and configurable
> after you climb the curve. Both work great with gdb, and you can't
> complain about the ethernet download speeds. At ~$1500 for the Jeeni
> vs. ~$2400 for the BDI2000, the Jeeni seems like the better deal if
> you are targeting ARM.
I was actually under the impression that the Jeeni would be just as
expensive as the BDI2000, but perhaps I was thinking about the Majic?

What exactly is involved in setting up the unit, and how do you operate
it? (Again, I do like the idea of not having to run any software
besides GDB in order to talk to the hardware.)

- Toralf