How to get printf() output?

Toralf Lund toralf@procaptura.com
Tue Sep 23 18:10:00 GMT 2003

Can someone repeat for me what I should do to get printf() to work when
linking with newlib, but not libgloss? I was under the impression that
write() would be called eventually, but it looks like it isn't. I've
tried step-tracing the printf execution via the ROM monitor to find out
what is going on, but it's a bit hard to follow...

Just to make it clear: I have provided custom version all routines
necessary to link the application correctly, including read(), write(),
open() and close(). I'm linking with libc, libm and crt0.o, but not
libgloss or similar.

- Toralf