crosstool-0.23: "all your base are belong to ptxdist"

Dan Kegel dank@kegel.com
Wed Sep 10 16:09:00 GMT 2003

Fisher Alex wrote:
>>Changelog:
>>0.23 9 Sept 2003 "all your base are belong to ptxdist"
>>      Added gcc-3.4-20030903-glibc2.3.2.dat, gcc3.3.1-glibc2.2.5.dat
>>      --builduserspace: updated to a new ptxdist snapshot, added libnet,
> libpcap, and ncurses
>

> --builduserspace? Shouldn't this be --builduserland?  Your webpage also
> says builduserspace as oppose to userland.

D'oh!  Thanks, I'll fix that.

 > All the same, I've found
> your scripts immensely useful.  I would have never been able to migrate
> from gcc 2.95 to 3.3.1 without them.  Thanks.
> Hopefully, with the inclusion of ptxdist I'll be able to figure out how
> to get openssh crosscompiled.

Yeah.  The ptxdist I bundle has rules for building openssl and openssh,
so maybe it'll be a piece of cake for you!

 > I think I've been 90% there following
> instructions from Karim's book but maybe now I'll figure out the last
> 10%  (btw its otherwise a great book).

Yes, Karim's book is very helpful.  It needs updating for gcc-3.3 / glibc-2.3, though.

 > Why do I need openssh?  So that
> I stand a fighting chance of crosscompiling perl.

Ask the ptxdist guys if they're working on perl.
They just added Python, so Perl can't be too far behind.

> Why Perl?  So that autoconf/automake works on my target and I can
> finally be rid of circular dependencies that seem to be plaguing me at
> the moment.

Tired of cross-compiling, eh? :-)   I'm curious about the circular
dependencies; what are you having trouble with?

- Dan

--
Dan Kegel
http://www.kegel.com