[patch] avoid using wrong shared libraries when cross-compiling ncurses-5.3

Dan Kegel dank@kegel.com
Mon Sep 1 23:05:00 GMT 2003

Thomas Dickey wrote:
> On Mon, 1 Sep 2003, Dan Kegel wrote:
>
>>ncurses-5.3 fails on "make install" when cross-compiling
>>because it runs $srcdir/shlib unconditionally.
>
> I think the point is that not many people do cross-compiles, so the
> install rules aren't much exercised in that configuration.

Yep.  Hopefully the patch I posted will help there.

>>I'm cc'ing crossgcc because I have a funny feeling the
>>bug-ncurses mailing list is ignoring me because of a spam
>>filter, and I wanted to get the word out about the issue.
>
> I do recall approving your subscribe, and seeing it succeed...

And I think I've managed to post articles; it's just that
this last one got dropped somewhere.  Maybe my email is flaky.
- Dan

--
Dan Kegel
http://www.kegel.com