newbie question: how to patch for an arm-920TDI target using crosstool?

Wolcott, Ken (MED, Compuware) Ken.Wolcott@med.ge.com
Tue Oct 14 22:03:00 GMT 2003

Hi;

  I'm new to cross compilers and crosstool.  I have some questions.  I'd like
to generate a static cross compiler for an arm-linux-920TDI target
architecture using a i686-pc-linux-gnu host.

q1:

  While running demo.sh (crosstool 0.24) on a Red Hat 8.0 system (gcc 3.2 and
kernel 2.4.18-14) I receive an error like the following when trying to
configure glibc (2.3.2):

  checking LD_LIBRARY_PATH variable... contains current directory
configure: error:
*** LD_LIBRARY_PATH shouldn't contain the current directory when
*** building glibc.  Please change the environment variable
*** and run configure again.

  crosstool exited at this error. Typing "echo $LD_LIBRARY_PATH" now does not
display any path pertinent to the build path.

q2: how do I differentiate between a generic arm target and the
arm-linux-920TDI target that I need?

q3: How do I obtain a statically linked target cross compiler tool chain?

Thanks in advance,
Ken Wolcott