arrgh. can't install headers in glibc-2.3.2.

Dan Kegel dank@kegel.com
Sat May 31 04:56:00 GMT 2003

Dan Kegel wrote:
> I encourage you to try your workaround instead of mine -- and then
> maybe submit a gcc patch that adds a --no-libgcc option to configure,
> or something like that.  It'd be really nice to not need the headers
> when building the bootstrap compiler.

BTW, the GCC summit just concluded, and a paper presented there
(see page 213 of
http://www.linux.org.uk/~ajh/gcc/gccsummit-2003-proceedings.pdf )
mentions this problem.  He has one suggestion (add -Dinhibit_libc),
but says the problem is not really solved.  Who knows, maybe
we'll come up with a solution for him...
- Dan

--
Dan Kegel
http://www.kegel.com