Bill's script and glibc-2.2.2. Updated patch.

Dan Kegel dank@kegel.com
Tue May 20 03:15:00 GMT 2003

Looks like Bill's Wiki page gets a few things right that
his script doesn't when it comes to building linux
toolchains (as Bill freely admits, the script's linux
targets are a bit off).

http://billgatliff.com/twiki/bin/view/Crossgcc/BuildGlibC
correctly documents how to fix libc.so.
Bill's script misses this, but Karim's gets it.

Bill's script uses the following line to make/install glibc:
make all install info install-info 2>&1 | tee make.log
but his wiki page uses
make install_root=${PREFIX}/${TARGET} prefix="" install

One problem with the script's line is that it tries to build info,
which fails without the patch
http://sources.redhat.com/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/libc/manual/stdio.texi.diff?r1=1.126&r2=1.127&cvsroot=glibc

A second problem shared by both is that they fail to install
<gnu/stubs.h>, which causes the 2nd compile of gcc to fail.
This can be fixed by adding the phony target install-other,
or more directly by adding the real target  ${PREFIX}/${TARGET}/include/gnu/stubs.h
(or whatever the path is).

I'm attaching a patch that illustrates the above and corrects
some thinkos I made in my earlier patch.  I *still*
haven't gotten it to run all the way through with target powerpc-linux,
but I'm getting close...
- Dan

--
Dan Kegel