Cross-Compiling gcc 3.2.3 for arm-elf

Vincent Rubiolo vincent.rubiolo@free.fr
Mon May 12 09:54:00 GMT 2003

Hello Daniel,

Thank you for your quick reply. I didn't know about Bill's document (which is
excellent btw).

My question is : why using an old compiler whereas the 3.x series is the std for
now ?

Also: why does the command to build whole gcc native is "make bootstrap" whereas
the bare version used to build target specific runtime libs is called a
bootstrap compiler?

Thanks a lot for your solution. I keep it as a workaround if everything fails.

Regards,

Vincent