Building toolchain for eCOS

Uwe Kindler uwe_kindler@web.de
Mon Mar 24 12:16:00 GMT 2003

Hello,

i would like to build a i386-elf toolchain under Windows (Cygwin installed) by myself. I strictly followed the instructions on the eCOS page:

http://sources.redhat.com/ecos/build-toolchain.html

Building Binutils worked without problems.
If i build GCC i the following error occurs:

gnu-regex.o(.text+0x6556): In function `regerror´:
/src/gcc-3.2.1/gcc/fixinc/gnu-regex.c:5723: undefined reference to `__mempcpy´
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[2]: *** [full-stamp] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory '/tmp/build/gcc/gcc/fixinc´
make[1]: *** [fixinc.sh] Error2
make[1]: Leaving directory '/tmp/build/gcc/gcc'
make: *** [all-gcc] Error 2
make: Leaving directory '/tmp/build/gcc'

I installed all Cygwin packages mentioned on the eCOS page:

http://sources.redhat.com/ecos/cygwin.html

Is it possible that additional packages are required or that i missed something here ?

Thank you in advance for your help

Uwe