Trying to work with newlib's libc.a

Likely, Grant Grant.Likely@gdcanada.com
Thu Mar 13 19:12:00 GMT 2003

Dan;

Did you ever get a solution for your mpc5xx link problem?

I've been having similar difficulties, and I came across the "PowerPC EABI"
and "SysV ABI PPC Suppliment" specification documents.  These two docs cover
most of the PPC sections.  I found them at:

ftp://sources.redhat.com/pub/binutils/ppc-docs

Anyway, the .got section is the Global Offset Table, and I think it is save
to put it into ROM.  I don't know what the .fixup section is.  I'm also
getting a .eh_frame section in my link, and I don't know what to do with it.
Have you made any progress?

You should be able to get rid of the io routines by linking in newlibs
libnosys.a.

Cheers,
g.