Interpreting gcc-3.3 "make check" results

Doug Evans dje@transmeta.com
Thu Jun 12 17:26:00 GMT 2003

Dan Kegel writes:
 > > make check RUNTESTFLAGS='compile.exp=20010605-1.c -v -v'
 > >
 > > Sorry about the foo=bar=baz syntax, but I kinda like it.
 >
 > Thanks, I'd seen that syntax and the just-one-expfile argument
 > to runtest, but I was always fuzzy about whether you had to
 > specify a path.  I guess that's one more nugget for the
 > "how to test gcc with dejagnu" tutorial I'm writing.

The part I'm not sure of is what to specify if one .exp controls
several subdirs.  Ideally you'd want to be able to specify
"foo.exp=subdir/test.c" in case test.c appears in multiple subdirs,
but I'm actually not sure this is guaranteed to always work.