docs on eabi and other questions

Vermeulen Jan Jan.Vermeulen@siemens.atea.be
Fri Jan 31 07:21:00 GMT 2003

Spundun,

More info on eabi and making sure your app/compiler is eabi compiant:

http://www-3.ibm.com/chips/techlib/techlib.nsf/techdocs/852569B20050FF778525
69970071B0D6/$file/eabi_app.pdf

the eabi spec itself : http://www.esofta.com/pdfs/ppceabi.pdf

I'm afraid I can't help you very much with the GOT and elf binary format.
I think that the binutils documentation can help you more with that.
(sources.redhat.com/binutils)

For as far as I know, the eabi spec says that you need a small data segment,
next to the big data segment. It also says which register should be used for
what kind of pointer. (r1 = stack, r2=small data area, etc)

At the end of the IBM pdf document I gave above, you can find some links to
other pdf which might be usefull.

Hope to have helped,
Jan

-----Original Message-----
From: Spundun Bhatt [mailto:spundun@ISI.EDU]
Sent: vrijdag 31 januari 2003 0:58
To: crossgcc@sources.redhat.com
Subject: docs on eabi and other questions

Hi

I am trying to port gcc to a new processor which is similar to powerpc
so I am taking rs6000 config files as a template.
Now I am at a point where I have to port eabi.asm and other eabi
assembly files in the gcc/config/rs6000 directory. BUt I have no idea
what eabi is. Anybody know a good doc for understanding the purpose of
these files? Also the same for tramp.asm
I also wanted to read about global offset table and elf binary format.
Anybdy can point me to document that describes the relation between eabi
and elf and GOT ?
Thax a lot.
Spundun