RedBoot? (ARM newlib build)

Toralf Lund toralf@procaptura.com
Wed Dec 10 14:27:00 GMT 2003

I think part of the answer to the question I asked yesterday, is that
the default arm build of newlib assumes RedBoot routines to be present.
Related questions:

   1. Is there a simple way to build without it?
   2. (Somewhat off-topic.) Should I port RedBoot to my platform? Do you
      think it would be worth the effort, or would it be simpler to
      write a custom loader + my own versions of the low-level I/O
      routines (using existing sourcecode when possible)? Note that I
      don't expect to need gdb support or a command line interface, as
      I'll be using a BDI2000 for debug support etc.. What I do need is
      some kind of a loader that will move my application from flash to
      memory and execute it. I might also want native flash update
      support in the future, although I can use the BDI2000 for that
      purpose, too.

- Toralf