are glibc hacks in crosstool still necesary?

Dan Kegel dank@kegel.com
Wed Aug 20 20:59:00 GMT 2003

Dara Hazeghi wrote:
> --- Dan Kegel <dank@kegel.com> wrote:
>
>>Generally, when bringing up a new version of gcc or
>>glibc, I start out without any patches, and bring in just
>>the ones I need as I run into the problems.  So the pile of
>>patches I end up with depends on which architectures I built
>>and tested on...
>
> A good methodology, IMHO. At the moment I'm sort of
> trying to distill as simple as possible a recipe for
> building a cross-compiler, thus my question about
> whether the extra stuff was necessary.

Excellent - we have the same goal.   Care to review
my crosstool script and let me know if it's doing anything
silly?

Also, are you intending to run the regression tests, too?

 > I may simply
> try to find a good source of prebuilt glibcs though
> too...

Good luck there.  Depends on what platforms you need, I guess,
and whether you trust other people's patching and testing habits.
- Dan

--
Dan Kegel
http://www.kegel.com