Cross compiler HOST=i686-pc-linux-gnu and TARGET=powerpc-darwin

Kai Ruottu kai.ruottu@luukku.com
Tue Apr 1 00:00:00 GMT 2003

karim bernardet <bernardet.karim@wanadoo.fr> wrote:

> Does anyone get a cross compiler hosted by an intel linux box to make
> programs running under Darwin (Mac Os X) ?
> I have tried to make it but I had problems to compile binutils (problem
> with config.bfd).

 The binutils-20030107 snapshots I have from :
   ftp://sources.redhat.com/pub/binutils/snapshots
don't yet support 'as' and 'ld' for 'powerpc-darwin',
you can see this if browsing the 'configure.in', the
'gas' and 'ld' are still listed as 'nonconfigdirs',
please search for 'darwin' there... I don't remember
any talk about when the support should be completed.
Adding the ELF-based MSP430-support took only a couple
of weeks, but the Apple-wheels seem to be much slower.

 Maybe the same 'as' and 'ld' used in the native
system could be compiled elsewhere, the Darwin-
site had some sources for these and I would assume
them being the sane as used in MacOS X / Darwin...
I have expected someone to tell about a port of these
'utils' for Linux ('attitude of lazyness'), but maybe
the only way is to try them oneself.

 Anyway I am interested to hear anything about this
subject... Especially about where to find the target
headers and prebuilt libs for MaxOS X, if not having
an access to this system...

Cheers, Kai