Help!

전종화 jonghwa@cisl.snu.ac.kr
Sat Sep 28 08:03:00 GMT 2002

Hi,

I just followed the steps described on Mumit's web site:

http://www.xraylith.wisc.edu/~khan/software/gnu-win32/cygwin-to-linux-cross-howto.txt and successfully builded a cross-compiler some time ago.

Now I met the following problem:

*Machine A: on which I builded the compiler i686-pc-linux-gnu-gcc ;
*Machine B: on which the cygwin are installed or not, and not builded the compiler i686-pc-linux-gnu-gcc ;

I want to use the compiler i686-pc-linux-gnu-gcc on the Machine B. So I must check which files were needed in executing the compiler and getting the executable file in the forenamed machine B.

I copied all the files of the directory /cygwin from the Machine A to the Machine B.
I entered the directory /usr/local/linux/bin/ on the Machine B and executed the compiler as the following: i686-pc-linux-gnu-gcc -o hello hello.c

However,I got the following error message:

CPP installation problem, can not exec. 'cpp'; Resource temporarily unavailable.

I wonder how I can fix the problem if I want to execute the compiler in the Machine B.
everyone's advice is appreciated!

Regards!

Quan Zhonghua