from gdb on a Mac to BDM on a 68332?
Tue Sep 17 12:14:00 GMT 2002
I've built a gcc cross-compiler on Darwin (Mac OS X) and am now looking
for a way to do cross-debugging from gdb to a 68332 target via BDM.
There are a number of hurdles here.
1) Has anyone done this from Mac OS X?
2) How do I configure gdb to use a USB port (late Mac's have only USB
and FireWire ports)?
3) Will I likely have to develop my own USB drivers (IOKit?)?
4) Do I have to build a custom USB <-> BDM device? Are there any
commercial ones available?
5) Should I instead use a USB <-> RS232 converter and then something
from RS-232 <-> BDM? What?
I suspect there will be a long road ahead before my goal is realized.
Thanks for any input to get me going.
David Knuth firstname.lastname@example.org (804) 543-2703
Want more information? See the CrossGCC FAQ, http://www.objsw.com/CrossGCC/
Want to unsubscribe? Send a note to email@example.com
More information about the crossgcc