Hosting cross compilers on Cygwin versus Win32

Alan Bishop ahbishop@msn.com
Fri Jun 21 08:29:00 GMT 2002

I've built my cross compiler (ARM target) for Cygwin, and was wondering how
to get a toolchain that can run on a straight Win32 system. Most Cygwin
executables run as long as I put the Cygwin DLL on the Win32 machines, but I
don't think it's that simple when the executables are cross compilation
tools. Won't gcc crap out when it tries to read its spec file from a Cygwin
file name? What about all the stdinc include files, where do they go? Or,
should I have specified a prefix and/or exec-prefix that leaves the crossgcc
tools in a Win32 directory?

Thanks,

Alan