A newbie's question - Development of GCC Cross Compiler

New Wei Lee wlnew@psl.com.sg
Mon Jun 10 23:36:00 GMT 2002

Hi all,

I am a newbie using GCC cross compiler. I understand that the ".md" files and some other "c" files and ".h" files in the GCC packages can be modified to describe different target machine.

We have a RISC processor here for which we want to build a cross compiIer. This RISC processor is unlike the processors which GCC packages support. Can I create a ".md" file to describe this processor and install the GCC cross compiler after making relevant changes to the files concerned?

What are the necessary procedure to follow? Or is it better to seek help from the GCC team in modifying the ".md" file and the ".c" and ".h" files associated?

Thank you in advance for answering my queries.

New Wei Lee