mips/a.out.h No such file or directory

Yves Rutschle y.rutschle@indigovision.com
Tue Jan 15 08:48:00 GMT 2002

On Tue, Jan 15, 2002 at 05:43:04PM +0800, Arthur wrote:
> My system is written by third party,an I can not get the source code.
> Maybe this isn't  very important,now I change the target to mips-ecoff.,and
> try again.
>
> binutils-2.11.2
> newlib-1.9.0
> gcc-2.95.3
> under cygwin platform

What is that "system" you are talking about exactly? An
operating system? If it _is_ an operating system of some
sort, you _need_ header files that the vendor _has_ to give
you (otherwise you can't  compile for their system, ever).
The header files contain typically all the system dependent
stuff (system calls, size of an int and whatnot). You'll
never compile for a specific system without that
information.

Now, if you only intend to use newlib (OS-less libc, IIRC)
you should be fine (as it's a complete system I think)...
but won't be using this third party system. (Disclaimer: I
don't know much about newlib at all, so I might be saying
stupid things.)

> ../../../gcc-2.95.3/libiberty/choose-temp.c:29: stdio.h: No such file or
> directory
> ../../../gcc-2.95.3/libiberty/choose-temp.c:30: sys/types.h: No such file or
> directory

Typically the kind of header files you need from your
vendor. For newlib, there are instructions in one of the FAQ I
think (either http://www.objsw.com/CrossGCC/ and
http://crossgcc.billgatliff.com/crossgccfaq/x155.html)

> /*test.c:file to test the new cross gcc*/
> #include <math.h>
>
> int main()
> {
>  double a,b;
>  a=1.24;
>  b=log(a);
>
>  return 1;
> }
> gcc -otest.exe -mips -mno-mips-tfile test.c
>
> but can not find the 'log' function.

Add -lm?

/Y