protoize.c gcc-2.95 m68k-coff

Tim Miller tim@glenatl.glenayre.com
Wed Jan 2 22:38:00 GMT 2002

After doing:

../gcc-2.95/configure m68k-coff --prefix=/usr/local --enable-languages="c c++"

and typing:

gmake

the build stops because the file protoize.c won't compile due to failure to
find sys/dir.h.

I worked around this by making a local sys directory and copying sys/dir.h and
sys/fs/s5dir.h from an old Motorola S5R3 system.

This seemed to work but after a while it stopped again because it tried to use
cc and ar to build tmplibgcc1.a! Also it did the fixincludes on the Solaris
headers.

Does anyone know what went wrong?

$ uname -a
SunOS rachel 5.6 Generic_105181-28 sun4u sparc SUNW,Ultra-Enterprise

At any rate, it seems to have build xgcc and cc1 so I can probably use 2.8.1
with a -B to get the new cc1.

Tim Miller
Glenayre Electronics