cross compiler sparc m68k

David Korn dkorn@pixelpower.com
Mon Feb 11 08:04:00 GMT 2002

  That may have been me.  I found problems using 2.11.0 to build 2.95.3,
but that was ppc-related, and I haven't retested since they released 2.11.1
(and 2.11.2) so it may well be a red herring to think it's still causing
problems.  OTOH since you get errors from the compiler's generated code,
that suggests a change in the gnu m68k assembler syntax between the two
gcc versions that was matched with changes in the gas versions.

>I've only built a crosscompiler for m68k-coff. I had to add
>--with-newlib to the configure for gcc to make the c++ compiler build.
>I've not tested c++ up to now.
>
>I did not use the script directly but splitted it into parts
>to generate
>RPM packages for Linux. I can send you the RPM *.spec files if
>you want,
>but with the --with-newlib Bill's scripts should work.
>
>One remark: I was not able to build newlib-1.10.0 the "Bill Gatliff"
>way. It stops with the same error message as the libiberty build.

  One slight variant that might work better is to use --with-newlib,
and also to add two softlinks in the top level gcc source subdir

cd <gccsrc-topleveldir>
ln -s newlib <path/to/newlibsrc-topleveldir/newlib>
ln -s libgloss <path/to/newlibsrc-topleveldir/libgloss>

this is off the top of my head - I dunno if I got the arguments to ln -s
the right way around but I think that should help.

      DaveK
--
Burn your ID card!  http://www.optional-identity.org.uk/
Help support the campaign, copy this into your .sig!

the system manager.

www.mimesweeper.com