trouble building gcc-3.2 --target=m68k-linux from scratch

Kai Henningsen kaih@khms.westfalen.de
Tue Aug 20 00:13:00 GMT 2002

pbarada@mail.wm.sps.mot.com (Peter Barada)  wrote on 19.08.02 in <200208191724.g7JHOoS19048@hyper.wm.sps.mot.com>:

> Since a stock linux source doesn't have pthread.h in its headers, and

That should be completely irrelevant. User programs (such as gcc) aren't
supposed to include the raw kernel headers, they're supposed to - if
anything - use copies provided by libc. (And no, /usr/include/linux is
*NOT* supposed to be a symlink. That was a design error in ancient history
that has been fixed *years* ago.)

> glibc hasn't been built yet, there's no pthread.h that can be used at
> this time.

That, OTOH, is of course completely relevant.

> If I add --disable-threads to the configure for the bootstrap, it
> completes.

I believe 3.2 does include the change that made pthreads default on
practically every variant of Linux, so as to get everyone on a common ABI.

MfG Kai