Need help configuring uclibc as a native compiler for mipsel

Joel Coltoff joel@wmi.com
Mon Aug 12 05:12:00 GMT 2002

Hi,

We'd like to get a native gcc running on a mipsel embedded system that
has uClibc installed as its libraries. I've got two different platforms
I can use to develop on. I can use my x86 system (the faster one) that
has a cross compiler running on it. I've also got a native compiler
I can use on my mips system. What has got me stuck is that my mips
compiler is linked against glibc. I need to build a uClibc compiler
that is linked against uClibc. What is the best way to proceed here?
Do I need to first build a uClibc that is statically linked and then
use that to compile itself? Pointers to scripts, manuals, URLs or anything
else helpful would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

--
Joel Coltoff

We often think that when we have completed our study of one we know all
about two, because "two" is "one and one." We forget that we still have
to make a study of "and."
    -- Sir Arthur Eddington