crosscompiler x86->solaris2.8 problems

Corrado Giacomini Corrado.Giacomini@trema.com
Tue Apr 23 08:06:00 GMT 2002

Spencer Marshall wrote:

> Hello Kai,
>
> Thank you, thank you, I had been banging my head on the desk for days,
> success at last but not without tears.
>
>>  It may be that editing the:
>>   /export/dalmany/gdsm/build-gcc/sparc-sun-solaris2.8/libstdc++-
>> v3/config.status
>> by replacing 'newlib' with 'solaris/solaris2.7' in the lines defining
>> the 'os/<system>/bits'
>

> Unfortunately, this did not work as you suspected

The reason why it didn't work is because you din't removed the
build-gcc/sparc-sun-solaris2.8/libstdc++-v3/include/sparc-sun-solaris2.8
directory and the file
build-gcc/sparc-sun-solaris2.8/libstdc++-v3/include/stamp-sparc-sun-solaris2.8

So, change the config.status file and the remove the above directory and
the file
and rebuild from build-gcc/sparc-sun-solaris2.8/libstdc++-v3
it should be ok, the directory is recreated at build time with the right
links.

-Corrado