CygWin embedded cross-compiler

Schumacher, Gordon gordon_schumacher@maxtor.com
Fri Apr 26 10:32:00 GMT 2002

Has anyone successfully built GCC as a cross-compiler for a NON-LINUX (i.e.,
with newlib) system under CygWin?  I'm guessing that the lack of response on
my previous queries implies that nobody knows what is wrong, so... I'm
fishing for some suggestions on what procedure people have followed to make
this work!

I'm trying to build a cross-compiler for a StrongArm SA-1100 under CygWin.
I can use just about any version of GCC etc.; I've been trying it with
binutils 2.11.2, GCC 3.0.4, and newlib 1.10.0.  Any suggestions would be
appreciated!