permission denied in running exec on win 2000

Charlie Gelman charlie@sfcardcompany.com
Tue Apr 23 11:21:00 GMT 2002

I am working on a program to read and write from an ibm 4779 hybrid magnetic
stripe/smart card reader device (now going for cheap on ebay).  I have found
sample code that requires the termios.h header files and so I am trying to
use cygwin's gcc compiler to compile the sample code.

While I successfully compile and can create an exec file, when I try and run
it I get "Permission Denied" even though it has executable permissions.

I am attaching the Makefile and the target is "printout".

I'm also attaching the two source files I'm using (printout.c with the
actual code, and lib4779io.h as a header file).  I suspect there is some
kind of linker problem - as the actual main code in printout.c is a simple
hello world  printout.

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated, as I've been struggling over
this for several days now.

Thanks!
Charlie