i386-linux-aout

Yves Rutschle y.rutschle@indigovision.com
Wed Oct 17 12:35:00 GMT 2001

> "i386-linux-aout"? First of all, do I have the correct target?

I think so.

> Yes, I want to use newlib because I have an embedded
> target and I've followed Bill's directions. I've tried to
> build on a Linux host machine with both the 2.4.x kernel -
> could the kernel version be a factor?

Wrong. Linux uses Glibc, regardless of where you put your
Linux system in the end. The equation "newlib==embedded" is
wrong; newlib is a C library that throws out most of the
bloat of Glibc, and is designed to work with no operating
system, so it makes it arguably suitable for embedded.

Cheers,
Y.