embedded targets supported list?

Joel Sherrill joel.sherrill@OARcorp.com
Mon Oct 22 10:48:00 GMT 2001

Allen Curtis wrote:

> Is there a list of the supported targets and their purpose?

In general, CPU-OBJECT_FORMAT is supported.  I build a number
of crosses to report test results on and this is the set
I try to build:

arc-elf arm-elf avr-elf d10v-elf d30v-elf fr30-elf h8300-coff
hppa1.1-proelf i386-elf i960-coff i960-elf m32r-elf m68k-coff
m68k-elf mcore-elf mips-elf mips64orion-elf mn10200-elf mn10300-elf
powerpc-eabi powerpc-elf sh-coff sh-elf sparc-elf v850-elf

I have binutils 2.11.2 RPMs for all of those and gdb-5.0 RPMs for
most of those.

> I.e. What is the difference between arm-elf and arm-linux?

arm-elf is intended for no operating system on an arm using ELF objects.
arm-linux is GNU/Linux on the arm.
arm-rtems is RTEMS on the arm.