Powerpc-eabi, bootstrap compilers...

Joe Sislow flynn@cosmodog.com
Thu Oct 18 13:45:00 GMT 2001

Joe Sislow wrote:

> Well, what it turns out was going on was that my glibc stuff in /lib was version 2.2.2, and
> I had installed 2.2.4 to /usr/local/lib.  So, I just set the LD_LIBRARY_PATH to
> /usr/local/lib, and they all run just fine!  BTW, I avoided installing them to /usr as many
> of the FAQ's on installing glibc said it might be a bad idea.
>
> Thanks all!  You've been very helpful!

Well, it wasn't that easy.  That DOES get the binutils working, but it proceeds to mess a
LOT of other things up.  I've been using:

binutils-2.11.2
glibc-2.2.4
gcc-2.95.3

My system seems to have glibc 2.2.2 installed (found by checking /lib/libc.so.6).  It seems
that the binutils I'm using wants 2.2.3 or more...how do I get IT to use the 2.2.4 I have in
/usr/local without fubaring everything else?  When I set LD_LIBRARY_PATH to /usr/local/lib,
things start crashing all over the place.  Ideas?

Joe Sislow
Cosmodog, Ltd.