Powerpc-eabi, bootstrap compilers...

Joe Sislow flynn@cosmodog.com
Wed Oct 17 12:35:00 GMT 2001

> David Korn wrote:
>
> >   It sounds like you'd be much better off with powerpc-eabi, which you *can*
> > use with newlib.

Ok, while I've been messing with other stuff, I decided to try out doing a
powerpc-eabi build, and I get the following error types (a bunch of 'em) when
trying to compile the bootstrap:
---
powerpc-eabi-ar: error while loading shared libraries: powerpc-eabi-ar: symbol
fnmatch, version GLIBC_2.2.3 not defined in file libc.so.6 with link time
reference
---

My question is why it's running into GLIBC references?  I specified --with-newlib
in the configuration.  Are these standard Linux libraries that it's ok to use?

Joe Sislow
Cosmodog, Ltd.