Variable passing C -> assembly, for m68k?

William A. Gatliff bgat@saturn.billgatliff.com
Wed Oct 17 07:33:00 GMT 2001

Larry:

A quick-and-dirty suggestion would be to write some C code that
includes function calls, compile it with -S, and look at the asm code.

It ain't pretty, but it works.  :^)

b.g.

On Wed, Oct 17, 2001 at 09:36:42AM -0400, Larry Gray wrote:
> Hello,
> 	I'm writing (and porting) some assembly language routines and need to know
> how gcc handles variable passing. I've read through "Using and Porting GCC",
> but can't find anything specific. It appears that in some architectures it
> uses the stack in others registers. I know I can use inline assembly and
> operand constraints, but would prefer to use standalone assembly programs
> that can be called from my C program.
> 	Where could I find the specific details for how gcc handles this for the
> m68k? Did I overlook it?
>
> Thanks in Advance,
> Larry Gray
> larry@greenmotor.com