ARM-Thumb support?

Sergey Gerasimov sergey@elbrus.rose.hp.com
Thu Oct 4 12:15:00 GMT 2001

Wai Sun,

We are using arm-coff pa-risc cross gcc 2.79.  It has been somewhat
modified by WRS, however, I compiled my own version of arm-coff gcc and
it has all the same command line options and behaves the same, at least
on the surface.  Anyhow, here are the arguments we use for our ARM7TDMI
cpu to generate thumb code:

-mthumb -mthumb-interwork -DCPU=ARM7TDMI_T

You need to have thumb-interwork there at all times, even if you are not
planning to use that (no thumb-arm code mixture)

We are using arm7tdmi and we are mostly using arm code, as it is capable
of running either one.  We have found that thumb support is not as great
in the version of gcc we are using, and not much better in the gcc 2.96
(again supplied by WRS) we just tried in the recent months.

Hope that helps,
Sergey