Question about the implementation soft-float in gcc

Haiping Wu hwu@munoz.capsl.udel.edu
Thu Oct 4 06:42:00 GMT 2001

Dear All,

  When get the soft-float option,gcc will translate the floating
operation(such as a*b) into a function call(such as addsf(a,b)). My
question is where the gcc do this work? I guess there are two places can
do so: one place is when gcc forms the decl tree(parse analysis),another
place is where gcc translates decl-tree into rtl representation. I
am not sure about these. I try to know the exact files and functions
in gcc for doing these work. Please give me a hand.
Thank you very much.

--Haiping Wu