Illegal Instruction caused by atexit?

Larry Gray larry@greenmotor.com
Wed Oct 3 09:52:00 GMT 2001

Hello,
	I'm trying to setup a cross compiler using newlib for the ucsimm (68EZ328).
I've using the bootloader resident on the ucsimm, and have written an inbyte,
outbyte, and modified crt0.S. Newlib compiled fine, and my program compiles
and link fine, however when ran they give an illegal instruction. I've traced
the problem down to atexit, commenting this out gets me through crt0.o, but
gives the same error somewhere in __main. I seen a post about this, but it
was caused by compiler version conflicts, I've only got one cross gcc
installed (2.95.1). Could this be some sort of alignment problem. I did
notice objdump decodes some opcodes wrong, do to alignment.

Thanks in Advance
Larry Gray
larry@greenmotor.com