DOS line endings

Marc Schafer mschafer@avidyne.com
Tue Oct 2 03:28:00 GMT 2001

I used Bill Gatliffs script to build cross compilers hosted under cygwin
for powerpc-eabi.  I am working with some other people who built their
own.  I noticed that I have to use a perl script to strip DOS style
CR-LF line endings from their files before I can compile them, but their
version of the gcc crosscompiler works fine with the DOS style line
endings.

Somebody else built theirs for them and they don't know how to recreate
it.  We are using the same Makefile so it isn't a command line switch to
gcc.  Does anybody know how to build gcc so it can handle DOS style text
files as input?

thanks,
marc