Cannot build cross gcc for m68k under Linux

Fritz, Wolfgang Wolfgang.Fritz@datentechnik.com
Fri Nov 9 03:45:00 GMT 2001

Yes

> If so, there's
> a minor tweak you have to apply to make the libiberty build work.
>
> I have the patch, but not on the machine I'm in front of
> right now.  Search
> for "kind of cross compiler howto" on google for the
> reference I used to
> construct my patch; I'll post the patch here later tonight.

In the meantime I found another (older) build script in the archives
which builds in 3 stages (linking the newlib sources into the gcc tree).
That resolved the libiberty problems. The linking problems, which lead
to the build failure in libiberty, could be solved by patching the specs
file according to the message you mention. I have now a running m68k
toolchain (I think...) including gdb.

There is one issue with the newest binutils-2.11.2. The assembler seems
to have problems with m68000. I was not able to compile the simple

int main (void)
{
	return 0;
}

program with m68000 target because the assembler generated errors. No
problem with m68020.

I downgraded to binutils-2.9.1 which solved this problem.

Thanks four your reply

Wolfgang

> HTH,
>

> b.g.