arm-elf-ld cannot handle symbols?

Renato Levy rlevy@i-a-i.com
Wed Nov 21 12:44:00 GMT 2001

As part of my research I have to allocate common variables (from bss) on
specific addresses. I have tried to do this by using a linkscrip (-T
option) in which each of the symbols were been set to their adresses
such as:

vect2 =  0X6027740 ;
vect3 =  0X6027100 ;
matr1 =  0X6009c40 ;
matr2 =  0X6000000 ;
matr3 =  0X6013880 ;

According weith the GNU documentation that should be valid syntax for a
script, but the loader complains of the syntax.

What am I missing? Considering I can only allocate at link time (the source
code cannot be modified) is there any other way to do it?

Renato Levy
Principal Scientist
Intelligent Automation, Inc.
7519 Standish Place, ste 200