More MIPS Compiling Problems...

David Morris lists@morris-clan.net
Wed May 23 09:31:00 GMT 2001

On Wed, 23 May 2001, David Korn wrote:

> [...]

If I don't include the "--with-headers=/usr/include" line, the compile
fails saying it cannot find "stdlib.h" and a couple of others....that
was the only way to continue the compile.....if you have a better
suggestion, please put it forward.  Perhaps there is a different
set of headers I should point it to in order to keep compilation from
failing?  (I can provide the exact error if you like....just have to
re-compile without the headers and that takes awhile).

> >   ld: warning: file libcpp.a ignored: unable to locate archive symbol
> >table
> >   Undefined                       first referenced
> >    symbol                             in file
> >   xrealloc                            scan.o
> >   hashf                               gen-protos.o
> >   xmalloc                             scan.o
> >   ld: fatal: Symbol referencing errors. No output written to
> >   gen-protos
>
>   What *exactly* is your $PATH setting?  It may be picking up the wrong
> binutils here.

Here is my path:

/usr/gnu/binutils-mips-elf/bin:/usr/gnu/binutils-mips-elf/mips-elf/bin:/bin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/dt/bin:/usr/openwin/bin

The first entry in the path (...binutils-mips-elf/bin) is required to
get the version mips-elf-* version of binutils.  The second entry
(...binutils-mips-elf/mips-elf/bin) is to fix the problem mentioned in
my first post where it was complaining about not finding the "-G"
option to as.  Why it isn't looking for mips-elf-as, I don't know, but
that is what it seems to be requiring.  I have tried specifying the
target assembler on the make command line ("make AS_FOR_TARGET=..."),
and that makes no difference.

BTW, we are not using any OS in the system....our program runs
directly out of cache, and is loaded by means of S-Records through the
PMON if that makes any difference in config options we choose.

--David