AIX Host -> PowerPC Linux

Kevin Heatwole kdh@ocsystems.com
Wed May 30 19:52:00 GMT 2001

I'm a newbie to the whole GCC world, but I have recently been
assigned to manage a project that needs an AIX/PowerPC hosted GCC
targeting Linux/PowerPC.  Later, I will need an AIX to Red Hat Linux
cross (but that can wait for awhile).  I've read enough of the list
archive to suggest that this cross-compiler is very doable.

If possible, I need the whole thing to run on AIX (gcc, gas, ld) to
produce binaries that can be downloaded to Linux and run (including
pthread apps).

Can anyone on this list point me in the right direction?

I don't want to reinvent the wheel and if there are already built
binaries for this, I would love to just download them.

But, I will task one of my people to take on the task to build from
sources and get it working if this is what is necessary.

Anyway, just looking for a little advice on the best way to proceed here.

Kevin Heatwole
OC Systems, Inc.