Multi-architecture installation

Pierre Saucourt-Harmel (r54698) pierre.saucourt-harmel@motorola.com
Tue Mar 27 07:11:00 GMT 2001

Hi everybody.
I want to install several cross tools (coming from the four following
packages: binutils, gcc, newlib and gdb).
These cross tools are generated for several processors and embedded
operating systems.
My question is, what is the best installed file tree organisation and
which configure option I must use to obtain it ? I am asking myself if
I must use both --prefix and --exec-prefix options to
separate the installed trees or if I can share, without overwriting files,
some directories.
Thanks in advance for your experienced opinion.
Pierre.