Wiggler or Raven

John Andrews john@triscend.com
Thu Mar 22 20:03:00 GMT 2001

Hi
Richard,

Red Hat also hosts
the gdb mail list. Searchable archives and a subscribe box are available
at:

http://sources.redhat.com/ml/gdb/

I think the experts
there might have broader exposure to the applications of
gdb.

I actually just
finished building a cygwin hosted arm-elf cross gcc myself. I'd like to be able
to use gdb with one of these parallel port JTAG devices
myself.

The answers I've
gotten when asking the experts at work have been that UNIX hosts usually
use an ethernet based JTAG debugger. like JEENI. Only windoze hosts typically
use the parallel port units. I'm not sure how this applies to cygwin based gdb
on windoze hosts.

I do know that in
the past Mot added support for its parallel port BDM debugger to gdb. I
think the parallel port JTAG units would have a similar
interface.

I'd be interested
in your findings if you feel inclined to pass them along, either directly or via
the crossgcc or uClinux mailing lists.

Good
Luck...

John E.
A.

-----Original Message----- From: Richard Slaughter
[mailto:rslaughter@anatel.com] Sent: Thursday, March 22, 2001 6:06
PM To: crossgcc@sourceware.cygnus.com Subject: Wiggler or
Raven

Is anyone using the wiggler or raven for
debugging ARM code via the JTAG interface.
How is it working?

Richard Slaughter rslaughter@anatel.com