need help with ARM

Joel Coltoff joel@wmi.com
Wed Mar 21 10:40:00 GMT 2001

Hi,

I need some help with an ARM setup. My question is probably off-topic
for a cross compiler list so to appease the masses I'll ask the
obligatory question.

I've configured my tools (binutils 2.10, gcc 2.95.2) for arm-elf.
When I do.

	arm-elf-gcc -c -g -Wa,-alhs=foo.lst foo.c

my assembly listing doesn't have the C source code in it. It does if
I use either of these.

	sh-elf-gcc -c -g -Wa,-alhs=foo.lst foo.c
	mips64orion-elf-gcc -c -g -Wa,-alhs=foo.lst foo.c

All versions were built off the same source code tree. Any idea why
this is? Now for the real reason I need some help and not just some
minor inconvenience.

We are using a Cirrus Logic EP7211 (ARM720T core) on a board developed
in house. There is no monitor program on the board. The chip has a
JTAG interface using Embedded ICE and we have a JEENI ice unit. What
do we need to do to use gdb to debug the board? Any pointers would be
greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

--
Joel Coltoff

The beginning of wisdom is the definitions of terms.
    -- Socrates