New CrossGCC FAQ maintainer needed?

David Korn dkorn@pixelpower.com
Wed Mar 21 08:29:00 GMT 2001

>bgat@open-widgets.com wrote:
>
>> Guys:
>>
>> I'm not one to stick my head in and volunteer where I'm not wanted,
>> but...  Does the CrossGCC FAQ need a maintainer?  I'd be happy to
>> volunteer if so.

>From: Stephen Smith [ mailto:ischis2@home.com ]
>
>If you do, be sure to get the newest howto from Mumit.  He
>helped me out recently and then posted a howto on his site.
>
>I know that the official Cross GCC FAQ was a disaster for me.

  I second this.  The cross gcc FAQ is now so out-of-date it's a
liability; an awful lot of the questions on this list are from people
who have followed the procedures in the FAQ and run up against problems
that it makes no mention of.  For example, a section on target headers is
much needed; and perhaps a bit about the dangers of line ends when
building under cygwin.

  If you're serious about this, I've got some bits of documentation on
my website that could make the basis for some new answers in the FAQ;
I'll post them to the list sometime in the next few days (my time is
quite busy at the moment) and we can collectively start bashing an
updated FAQ into shape.

  Stephen, can you post the URL of Mumit's HOWTO, please?

       DaveK
--
 All your base are belong to us!

the system manager.