load ELF image to ARM board

Tian Ling tling@cadence.com
Tue Mar 13 15:48:00 GMT 2001

Hi all,

I have built a crossgcc(with newlib) for arm-elf on a linux host. And I
believe it's working.

My target is an ARM7TDMI Developement board. I was thinking to load some
simple executable built by crossgcc on my PC to the ARM board. I was using
the debugger from ARM's Software Developement Toolkit, but it didn't work.
The ELF format was recognized by the ARM debugger, but then there was a
memory error.

I was wondering, maybe some of you have done the similiar things before? If
so, could you tell me what was the way you used to download executable to
the board, under this kind of situation?

Thanks a lot.

Tian Ling