_impure_data, _impure_ptr ?

jw c info2choijo@yahoo.com
Thu Mar 8 05:44:00 GMT 2001

Hello, I have a question about data section contents.
Even if I don't allocate any variable in data section,
there is a certain amount of data section.

I compiled this file with intel-linux --> mn10300-elf
cross compiler.

int main(){
}

I didn't make any global variable here.
I compile this file with this command.

mn10300-elf-gcc -o test test.c -Tsim.ld

size test

   3057    1848      12    4917    1335 test

There are 1848 bytes of data section. When I
disassemble test, I see _impure_data and _impure_ptr
labels in data section. What are these labels for?