m68k-gdb+cybertec, cygwin, "foo has disappeared"

Aaron J. Grier aaron@frye.com
Fri Jun 29 17:26:00 GMT 2001

On Fri, Jun 29, 2001 at 04:25:21PM -0700, Aaron J. Grier wrote:

> under cygwin gdb would coredump after either issuing a run or load
> command.  I traced this back to some bugs in remote-m68k-bdm.c:
> loadExecutable wasn't setting downloadErrorstring causing a
> null-pointer reference in bdm_load().  I added the warnings, which
> stopped gdb from coredumping, but it still doesn't fix the basic
> problem.

following up to myself... bad cabling.

I continued to add in warnings further up the call tree to figure out
exactly what was going on, and everything pointed to a cabling problem.
I replaced the cable, and am now working!

where should I submit my warning patches for remote-m68k-bdm.c?  (so
somebody else doesn't run into this problem?)

--
  Aaron J. Grier   |    Frye Electronics, Tigard, OR   |   aaron@frye.com
                       Of course unix clones exist...